FOR TUMBLING CLASSES: All athletes L1-6 must have a skill assessment filled out by their coach for approval prior to signing up for class online for each session, or can be asked to be reassessed to move up to a new level. ALL new athletes to our program must have a tumble eval to sign up for any Tumbling class.
TUMBLE PROGRAM REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT: All athletes enrolled in a tumble class must have a skill assessment form completed by their coach in advance of registering for a tumble class. All new athletes must sign up for a tumble evaluation to determine class level in advance of registering. Athletes may be advised to register for a different class based upon the skill set displayed in the class.
**For $5 Tumble Evaluations Call or Email the office to book**
To sign up for a Class/Private lesson/Camp or Evaluations please click on gold “Register” links below. Scroll down to view tumbling class descriptions. All athletes must be evaluated to enroll in a tumbling class.
Tumbling Class Descriptions
Intro to Tumble: No experience needed
This class is for the tumbler or cheerleader who is brand new to tumbling. This class will teach building blocks, body awareness and basic shapes to introduce tumbling and strengthening needed to build a strong tumble foundation. Once that is mastered focus will shift to drills for entry/hurdles, forward/backward rolls, handstands and cartwheels, bridge variation drills and skills will be introduced with an emphasis on technique and execution.
* Some examples athletes must have prior to moving up: return demo of required shapes, return demo of corrections, and basic understanding of handstand, bridge cartwheel and forward/ backward roll drills.
T1 Beginner: This class is for the beginner with some tumble experience.
This class will focus on strengthening, technique and proper execution of hollow handstands, variations and flat backs, cartwheels, round off, power hurdle vs two step hurdle entries. Straight leg bridge kick over progressions, back and front limber progression, straight arm backward roll/ back extension roll progressions.
* Some examples of skills athletes must have prior to moving up with mastered technique: lunge round off rebound, standing back bend to straight leg bridge kick over, hollow handstand progressions, front limber, handstand tight arch to bridge stand up, and straight arm backward roll.
T1 Advanced: This class will focus on strengthening, handstand forward roll, power hurdle round off, straight arm back extension roll progressions, straight leg back walkovers & straight leg front walkovers progressions and skills, One arm cartwheels, handstand block drills, bounding handstand flatback, power hurdle front walkovers with a emphasis on excellent technique and execution will be worked.
*Some examples of skills the athlete must have prior to moving up: mastered with good technique: power hurdle round off rebound, straight arm backward roll to hollow body push up, straight leg back walkover and straight leg front walkover.
T1 Elite: This class will focus on strengthening and excellent technique with elite level 1 skills and combinations needed for allstar level. Example of skills worked in class: Back walkover switch leg, back extension rolls, valdez, back walkover/ front walkover series, one arm BWO/FWO skills and combining elite and running passes.
* Some examples of skills athlete must have prior to moving up with mastered technique: Back walkover series (2-3 BWO), BWO switch leg, valdez, elite standing and running combos.
EX running: FWO, one arm CW, BWO, BWO switch leg
EX standing: Valdez, BWO, BWO
T2 Beginner: This class will focus on strengthening and excellent technique with introducing and teaching drills for the front handspring, back handspring, and round off back handspring. Once mastered, example of skills worked in this class: Back handspring (BHS), cartwheel BHS, BHS step out, power hurdle round off BHS, one arm CW BHS
* Some examples of skills athlete must have prior to moving up with mastered technique: legs together, head in stretched BHS rebound, power hurdle RO BHS, and back handspring step out with 180 split at handstand.
T2 Advanced: This class will focus on strengthening and excellent technique with introducing connections of advanced L2 skills. Example of skills worked in this class: BWO BHS, standing BHS BHS, Back extension roll BHS, BWO BHS BHS (progression for running elite) front handsprings, CW BHS BHS, RO BHS BHS
* Some examples of skills athlete must have prior to moving up with mastered technique: legs together, head in stretched BHS BHS, power hurdle RO BHS BHS. BWO BHS. with straight legs, BWO BHS step out.
T2 Elite: This class will focus on strengthening and excellent technique with introducing connections of elite L2 skills. Example of skills worked BWO switch leg BHS, Valdez BHS, BHS step out BWO BHS, Block FWO Front-handpsring series, Bounder/ flyspring + combos with RO BHS, FWO RO BHS BHS, CW BHS step out BWO BHS BHS, one arm fwo/bwo combo with BHS
* Some examples of skills athlete must have prior to moving up with mastered technique: power hurdle FWO RO BHS BHS, BHS step out BWO BHS, BWO switch leg or valdez to BHS. Ask Coach Lauren approval prior to T3 BEG class if questioned.
T3 Beginner: This level 3 introductory class will focus on hip, quad and core strengthening, tuck shaping and setting drills to teach back tucks and front tucks with excellent technique. Power hurdle RO BHS tuck drills, aerial drills, punch front drills. Skills worked in this class: BHS BHS step out, 2-4 step hurdle Ariel, power hurdle aerial. Hurdler or toe touch Jump to 1 BHS, standing multiple 3 and 4 BHS. RO BHS tuck with head in set (with two step hurdle) and punch fronts.
* Skills athlete must have prior to moving up with mastered technique: Standing 4 BHS, RO BHS TUCK NO SPOT ON FLOOR, Jump standing BHS. Ask Coach Lauren approval prior to moving up to T3 ADV class.
T3 Advanced/Elite: This level 3 class is for the athlete who HAS A RO BHS TUCK ON THE FLOOR ALREADY NO SPOT and who is ready to learn and connect more advanced and elite Level 3 skills. Skills worked in this class: Power hurdle RO BHS Tuck, and power hurdle BHS series to tuck. FWO RO BHS Tuck, BHS step out BHS BHS series, Valdez/ switch leg BWO BHS step out BHS BHS, RO BHS step out 1/2 turn RO BHS Tuck, Fly spring RO BHS Tuck, Punch front clean, Power hurdle FWO RO BHS Tuck. BHS toe touch, BHS BHS.
* Skills athlete must have prior to moving up with mastered technique: 2 elite standing combo and 2 elite running combo to back tuck on the floor unspotted: Ask coach Lauren Approval prior to moving up to T4 BEG.
T4 Beginner: This level 4 introductory class will focus on hollow shaping, core and total body strengthening and setting drills to teach hollow body layouts and drills for standing level 4 tumble with excellent technique. Drills worked in this class include RO BHS Layout, Standing Tucks, CW Tucks, BHS BHS Tucks, BHS Tuck followed by mastering these skills. Introducing Jump BHS BHS Tuck and BWO BHS Tucks, and punch front step outs.
* Skills athlete must have prior to moving up with mastered technique: Standing tuck, standing BHS BHS Tuck, One BHS Tuck, RO BHS hollow body layout on floor. Ask Coach Lauren Approval prior to moving up to T4 ELITE class.
T4 Advanced/Elite: This level 4 class is for the athlete who has a RO BHS hollow body layout, BHS BHS to TUCK, and ONE BHS TO TUCK ON THE FLOOR WITHOUT A SPOT TO BE IN THIS CLASS. Must be ready to work standing and running elite skills and combinations for allstar level 4. Skills worked Jump BHS BHS Tuck, BWO BHS Tuck, BHS step out BHS Tuck, FWO RO BHS Layout, Power Hurdle RO BHS Layout, Punch front step outs/ front handspring punch front step outs RO BHS BHS Tuck/ Layout. RO whip BHS BHS Tuck/Layout, and running bounding Whip Tuck/layout passes, arial front walkovers and combos, aerial back tucks.
* Skills athlete must have prior to moving up with mastered technique: two elite standing L4 passes, Power hurdle RO BHS Layout, 2 variations of L4 elite specialty combo pass. ( whip pass variation to layout , bounding whip to tuck, whip whip bhs series to tuck/layout OR Punch front step out to RO BHS Layout, FHS PFSO RO BHS Layout etc) Ask coach Lauren Approval prior to moving up to T5. **Must be assessed for this class **
T5 BEG: This class is for the athlete learning to twist fulls. As well as learning jumps to tuck, standing BHS/s to layouts. ** must be assessed for this class ** Must have a solid full on the floor unspotted, Jumps to tuck, standing BHS and BHS BHS to layout to exit this class.
T5 ADV / ELITE: This class is for the athlete who has a full on the floor, and learning to connect this pass to punch front step out or whip pass to work elite speciality variations to fulls. This class will focus on learning standing whip passes and bonding standing and running whip passes. This class will focus on front tumbling and arabians as well.**Must be assessed for this class **
T6 BEG This class will focus on arabian combos to backward twisting fulls and bounding passes to running fulls. Standing BHS series fulls, CW to fulls, Intro to double fulls, intro to standing fulls **Must be assessed for this class **
(ATHLETES MUST WORK ON THE FLYING SKILLS FOR THE LEVEL TEAM THEY ARE ON….AND ONLY THE NEXT LEVEL UP.) AN EVALUATION WILL HAVE TO BE DONE BY A DIRECTOR FOR THE CHILD TO BE APPROVED TO WORK TWO LEVELS HIGHER THAN THE TEAM THEY ARE ON IN THE ALL STAR PROGRAM.
SKILLS FOR LEVEL 1
PREP______ SMOOSH________ ONE LEG AT THIGH LEVEL
CRADLE POPS FOR BARREL ROLL ________ CRADLES from PREP_________
SKILLS FOR LEVEL 2
BARREL ROLLS ________½ UP TO PREP______½ UP TO EXTENSION_______ST. RIDE BASKETS______
ONE LEG PREP LEVEL______½ UP TO 1 LEG _______ ¼ TURN CRADLES_______
TIC TOC AT PREP LEVEL_____ EXTENSIONS_________
SKILLS FOR LEVEL 3
FULL DOWN FROM PREP________FULL DOWN FROM EXTENSION_______
FULL UP To SMOOSH __________FULL UP TO PREP__________
FULL UP BASKET_______PIKE ARCH BASKET_________TOE TOUCH BASKET_________
ONE LEG AT EXTENDED LEVEL______½ UP TO EXTENDED LEVEL______EXPRESS UP TO PREP________
SKILLS FOR LEVEL 4
ONE LEG FULL DOWN DISMOUNTS______EXPRESS UP TO EXTENDED LEVEL_______
KICK FULL BASKETS______PIKE PRETTY GIRL BASKET________
DOUBLE DOWN FROM PREP_______DOUBLE DOWN FROM EXTENSION________
FULL UP TO EXTENSION_________
SKILLS FOR LEVEL 5
ONE LEG DOUBLE DOWN DISMOUNT_______KICK DOUBLE BASKET_______
KICK KICK DOUBLE BASKET______HIGH HIGH TIC TOC______
FULL UP TO ONE LEG EXTENDED LEVEL________1 ¼ UP TO ONE LEG _______
1 ½ UP TO ONE LEG________FULL UP FROM PREP TO EXTENDED ONE LEG_______